Monday 22 February 2016

Feb 22...Saturday? Sunday? ...whenever

SO, Quentin called this morning to tell the Regatta chairman that he wanted to be included in the kids' races. I think she is so used to hearing about how helpful he is with everyone, that she assumed he wanted to help her, so he is now helping with the kids races instead of being in them!

He went up Dolphin Leap's mast the other day to get the halyard that was stuck, but the guy didn't lock it down so Quentin has to go up again when the winds are better.  Probably today.

Nauticuss [formerly Flamingo from Owen Sound area] arrived last night! Ross parked beside us and came over for coffee and told us all about his adventure coming down...mostly high seas and single handing!!! Brave man! While he was here, another coupe dinghied past his boat so we waved them over. They were talking about their Whitby's [boats] and where this couple, Brian and Lauren on Nightingale 2, were heading.

After they left, Mark came over bearing gifts...a super charge and a generator. He and Rick managed to get the batteries up to about ...well, whatever...I don't understand the electricity paradox so I've given up trying to explain it! Anyway, between Stephane, Mark and a lot of advice from a lot of people we are slowly rejuvenating our not-so-dead batteries. It's amazing how much help boaters are willing to give each other without even asking!

While they worked on the batteries I transferred Blacklist season 2 and some other shows that we had downloaded onto a flash drive for them. Then we all went to the beach to hear Cordell talk about herbal medicines...extremely interesting and helpful!!!

We walked the beach after his talk, came back to the boat for supper. Quentin invited Connor over from HI-5. Connor is his Rubik's cube friend and they played with their cubes, the tablets and watched movies that Connor brought over, while Rick and I went "next door" to C-Soul for movie night. Gail made pumpkin pie with an almond crust for desert. It was awesome. I have to stop cooking like I am camping and start doing the things I know I can do, like making my own corn tortillas and biscuits and muffins, although I think I've put some weight back on so I better start swimming and walking more. If only it would warm up!


Feb 22...something about this date...but I can't remember what...Today we are going to go swimming on the coral head and have a beach picnic. Not sure I like that idea...hate sand in my food! Quentin may be hanging out with Connor today, or we will take them with us swimming. Later...
Mast monkey

He said it was a little windy up there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So just curious, what would all these boaters do if Quentin wasn't there to climb the masts for them? I thought that was all part of the 'fun'. We watched a movie tonite too. Sicario. A bit rough.