Saturday 26 January 2019

January 2019



Happy New Year..mine starts today!

Good morning! I haven't been posting lately for several reasons...
1] my keyboard is making me crazy..I'm not the best typist but some of my keys are getting ornery and I spend as much time inserting missing letters as typing the words;
2] most of the time my computer is on, I am working on the research project or my boss. It's an interesting 'search and find' combing through documents and putting an order to them...right up my alley!!!
And 3] you all are having so much fun and adventures and what we're doing is pretty boring.
However, today is the first day of my new year, and as soon as I can get over this little bout of pneumonia, we are heading back to "boat and body works", preparing ourselves so the doctor will let us "out" when it's time.
Rick went to the Toronto boat show this week and got some really positive advice on the frig construction; we have torn out the galley again and found a lovely bright Arborite to replace the cool, sexy but useless black counter. Man repairs like rudders dodgers and bimini will have to wait until warmer weather or at least until I start poking him with a bigger stick.
I notice that some of you have missed the snow and cold as much as we did and are enjoying a real winter [Brent and Mary] and I see you posts and think I could do that...20 years ago!
They say age is only a number, and I believe it, but every time I see my doctor he tells me I am in really good shape...for my age. Whaaaaat?!?!?
We are going to Robbie Burns night with Rick's new friends- the McLaren Pipe Band next weekend. Love those pipes and drums!!!
Today we are all going to a Park restaurant for our birthday lunch with Liz Geoff and the kids.
Happy Winter!

No comments: