Thursday 4 June 2015

June 3-4



June 3
I spent most of the morning working on locating a suitable place o leave the boat. We have a few choices if we can be lifted which is the main criteria. After lunch we went over the bridge to Publix but walked a ways down the PGA blvd to see what else was there.  We found a store called Stein Mart… yes, like Wal-Mart, K-mart but on a par with Sears or Eaton’s even. Rick got 5 shirts!!! 2 SPF shirts, a couple of good wear-out shirts and a swim shirt. I got a couple of T -shirts that don’t come up to my neck and, of all things, a belt!!
We stopped at Duffy’s for a burger because by the time we got finished in the drug store, the grocery store and Stein Mart we were starving and it was supper tie.
When we got back to the boat I tripped on the cord that was plugged into his iPad and it fell over, breaking the USB plug on the charging cord. Crap!  So we looked up the Apple store and found it about 2 miles up the PGA Blvd. He deiced to walk up there tomorrow.
June 4
There was no way he was going up there by himself.  I would fret all day, wondering what was taking so long. We called Joseph to tell him we were leaving the next day, and said we were going to walk to the Mall. He said that the bus goes right into the mall. So we caught the bus. It was a very long 2 miles! I went with him and I could never have walked in that heat.
The bus cost us $3.50 each for an all-day seniors pass [I LOVE being a senior!] The mall was HUGE… and we spent all day there! It had a Sears, Nordstrom’s, Bloomingdale’s, Sax 5th Ave, and Macy’s!  The second floor was Louis Vuitton, Brooks Brothers, Ferragamo, Tiffany, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Hugo Boss… you get the idea! I went into Macy’s and a t-shirt blouse was 40% off for $170.00! Most of the stores I went past and just inhaled deeply.
Rick’s iPad was under warranty so the cord replacement was free! Bonus! We wandered around for about three hours, split a Greek salad for lunch and wandered some more. I am ashamed to admit it…I needed a window shopping fix. There are no clothes or fabric stores in the Bahamas and I needed the texture/colour visuals that I had been missing. Rick will shop for anything…he’s a shopaholic.
On the way back we went to CVS for a phone card. Its right next to Duffy’s so Rick suggested some fries and a drink. Ok, Liz, you can stop reading this.  We went in and it was 2-for-2 day so I had a plate of fires and 2 Coronas; Rick had a plate of fries and 2 Planter’s punches and then a huge ice cream brownie. I ate some of it. Then we staggered back to the dinghy. So we are sitting here half asleep, planning tomorrow’s move. We will call a couple of these places to see what gives, and then head for Port St. Lucie or Stuart. I am suddenly realizing that I am not going to be swimming anymore and it’s a little disappointing, but there is one place up the ICW that is very close to the ocean so we will stop there and go over for a swim tomorrow. Ttyl



No comments: