Saturday 20 June 2015

Saturday June 20

June 20 Saturday

So I know I said that the boat work would be boring and I wouldn't post but I had to say that so Liz wouldn't know I was coming home for the Inspection. I didn't want to miss it because she had done so much work getting the WWII memorabilia from HMCS Owen Sound gathered and from Terry Cook of Georgia whose dad was a radio operator on the Owen Sound. It was Todd's first year in the band and Natasha frist yer as a cadet. It was Liz's first year as C.O. without me hanging over her shoulder. She has done some wonderful things for the corps this year and I am SO proud of her!  They also retired me officially so I know I am off the hook!

So I flew home on Friday last week and arrived at 9:45 am. My sister and brother-in-law picked me up and we spent the day with ALL my siblings which was great!!

I stayed with Joe until Sunday when the inspection was scheduled.  Barb had said it wasn't a good idea to surprise Liz at the Inspection, and she was right...so I went over to the Legion early to see if I could help set up. Barb was right ... she lost it, but recovered quickly enough to carry on. I've been staying with them and been so busy ever since... don't ask; you don't want to know!

Rick arrives this Wednesday same flight [$113.00 to Toronto...good deal!!] We have dr. app'ts and other stuff to organize before we bring the kids down to Florida for the rest of the summer. I think I might find out if we can still fly that cheaply!

So, obviously there are no pictures of paradise. Rick has sanded the boat and got it ready for the next few coats of paint, which we will do when we get back there, and we can get it into the water to go sailing with the kids. We will gather up the things we forgot and get them ready to ship or take down with us... water-maker, wind generator etc.. IN the meantime we are going to power visit and get our business stuff done so we can enjoy the 'peace and quiet ' with the kids. hahahahahaha

New discoveries: Natasha has an impressive skill as an artist for a 9-year old and has developed some good conversational skills ...she is her mother's daughter!  Todd is starting to grow up and slim out a little: he also wears his glasses most of the time. but needs bigger frames. Quentin has grown 6 inches since I saw him last, It's hard to be the enforce when you have to look up! But he still listens to me. We are discussing him coming to the Bahamas for the winter with us; he is weighing the pros and cons. His cousin thinks there are no cons and what is his issue???
So will probably blog sporadically for the next couple of months.
ttyl

No comments: