Monday 28 December 2015

December 27

December 27

This morning for some reason we had a clear view of the tower to Little Farmer's Cay and I was able to post.  Who knew...but the anchorage was so rocky I couldn't type!  SO at 8:45 after breakfast, we left. I'm sort of glad Quentin missed this part of the trip. When we can only do 2 miles an hour because of the wind and waves, we get frustrated, then we get pissed off, then we get angry...at whom?? If he had been with us, making his irrelevant trivia remarks  [Did you know that there is one person in the world who can lick his elbows...DO I CARE ????], we would probably have taken his head off a few times.

Today we are in Rudder Cut Cay anchorage. It's the center one just below the Guana Bar mark. We aren't alone. As we were coming in a cat going north passed us. About an hour later, they [4 adults, a kid and a dog from Montreal... all of them, not just the dog] they came back and dropped their anchor right between us and an American boat that was already here. The anchorage is small and shallow and since we already hit bottom in Hetty's Land, we stayed away from the American boat and not in too deep, but we are still in 3-5 feet of water at low tide.  These guys took the dog to shore ....a private island with LOTS of no-trespassing signs, and then pulled up their anchor and moved even further in between us. Crap...no swimming naked today!

We passed two open cuts to the ocean and the waves are still wild out there...not kidding..."Perfect Storm" wild. This is a very calm anchorage. The winds are supposed to die down tomorrow and we will finish the inside route. We have to VPR most of it all the way to Lee Stocking Island, the last big islanad before Great ExumaVPR means Visual Piloting Rules...Rick gets to stand on the bow and direct me through the coral heads. It's better than going outside!!! That will put us down at Rat Cay Cut, which means only 14 miles out on the ocean to Elizabeth Harbour and Georgetown. If the damned weather predictors would sort out their predictions, we would know for sure what to expect. Passage weather tells one thing and Windfinder predicts something else altogether, so you average it out and make it 10% worse and that's what you get. I need to get a good ocean weather text book and do my own predicting. Lost the one Rick bought me when we were coming up from Grenada. Brian Reis told me about one from Amazon.com. Think I'll order it when we get to Georgetown.

So, 4 pm and another cat came in and dropped anchor behind us...no sitting naked in the cockpit either ...jeez! If it wasn't so late we'd leave and find a better anchorage. 

Luckily I cooked tonight's dinner last night, so this afternoon we'll just drink rum and listen to the stereo. [My sister gave me a bag of Welch's juice freezies for the kids. We didn't have the freezer working when the kids were here, but now it's working and they make awesome ice cubes!]

I will sit and draw; he's working on the log book and sorting out the photos. When it gets dark, I'll heat up the dinner and we can watch some more TV.  Rick downloaded the first season of "The Blacklist" while we were in Ft. Pierce. It's not bad. Love James Spader. I already know that he's her father but that makes all the innuendoes more interesting.

So happy birthday, Anja and Happy Saturday-After-Christmas everyone; enjoy the leftover turkey and stuffing.....Mmmmm boy do I miss stuffing... and bread....and Christmas cake...and Christmas pudding. Carmel sauce on rice cakes just doesn't cut it. Think I'll have another rum. Tty


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, spoiler alert, we've been watching Blacklist since the beginning, and it's never been ascertained for sure he is her father. I assumed he was right off the bat, but am waiting for the day she finds out. Christmas dinner was great for us, though we missed you. I guess it's a good thing yours consisted of rice cakes. If you've been eating as much as I have, you'd have to wear clothing way more often than you seem to be doing... (TMI for me thanks). Hope your journey picks up and you get to Georgetown in time for New Years. If it's a naked New Year's party, I don't want to hear about it.
Love ya, hugs ( if you're dressed). Barb and Dan