Friday 10 February 2017

Feb 5-10

February 10
OMG! It has been 6 days since I last wrote a decent post. Is that like Confession?
Anyway, first of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby brother, JACK! I have no idea how old he is but I am a lot older!
We had four fabulous days with Nick and Rachel!  We showed them the best of George Town and where the good snorkelling was. We took them to a Rake and Scrape.  They went off exploring and Nick got in a couple of games of volleyball. They said it was so much fun here they will come back. On the third night we got take-out from Eddie's and sat on their boat for a quiet dinner and managed to catch up on 20 years without having to scream at each other over the music.
SO great to see them again! We will try to catch up when we head back to Thunder Bay.
In the meantime, Nauticuss arrived and we've spent the last three days since Sandy Gal left,  with Ross, and new friends from northern BC, Gerry and Veronica, on Kiskatniss. We had dinner on Ross's boat the first night they got in; and I managed to convince them to come play ball. We all had dinner here last night and tonight we are going to their boat.
Baseball seems to be doable as long as they don't make me play too many innings. So far nothing is bent or broken and I can manage to avoid napping after the practises.  I'm good for about 3-4 if I don't stop moving. Man, it's not as easy as it was 30 years ago!! But I got on base twice in the practise. I think the second base is too far away from first base...just sayin'...
I'm catching right now and that suits me as long as they don't knock me over coming in to home! A few more women showed up so I'll catch a break there. I think I'm 10 years older than all of them.
C-Soul is on the backside of the island. They came down from Little Farmer's and headed into the shallows. They are waiting for the winds to die down, so they can come around into the harbour proper. It seems we are getting nothing but wind this winter. We've only had two days of calm that I can recall, and one of them was the other day when Sandy Gal left.
So, have a good day everyone. Not that you care, but we are not having Paradise weather yet either, so... but Regatta is coming and we hope everything calms down for the events the big boat races...we NEED wind for those !

Ttyl
Touching up the backdrop for the Regatta stage

Snorkelling on the little reef

Diner on Sandy Gal with Nick and Rachel

Wild ocean today

Calm morning yesterday

Parrot fish

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks as if all is well. Hope so. Stephen and Margaret