Monday 27 February 2017

Regatta - Baseball

Feb 24-27
Things are happening at Mach 1 around here!!
The day after the poker run we moved the big boat over to Volleyball Beach for registration for all the events coming up this week. I made sure I was on the baseball team and I talked Rick into Beach Golf.
We collected all the pictures for next year's t-shirt design. There were 17 by the time we were done. Mine didn't win L.
After the registration we came back over to the town side and went for dinner on the deck of the BLU restaurant. There was a DJ who used the scratchy record style of mixing songs. The songs changed in the middle, sometimes with a completely different beat, and if people looked like they were enjoying dancing to rock 'n rock or jive, he screwed it up by doing that scratch-the-record thing again so you didn't actually know what he was playing. I know I'm old but I'm not the only one who didn't like it!
Saturday was an amazing talent/variety show put on by a mixed band of locals and boaters...great fun
Yesterday morning we had a skipper's meeting for the big boat races. Tomorrow is the first one so we should probably read the instructions today.
In the afternoon we played baseball...my favourite activity in the whole regatta! The Bahamian team was short-handed so I was traded. Halfway through the game the rest of the team arrived - all the off-duty police officers so I was traded back. 9 innings!! And today I am 'resting'.



 
Playing for the Bahamians


Now back on my own team

Hard to remember who to cheer for!

Handing out rum tots at the end

Had a great cheering section!

No comments: