Friday 30 October 2015

Friday Oct 30...oh,no Hallowe'en is tomorrow

So, I might have been a little hasty in my assessment of our neighbour. According to his mechanic he was a high ranking officer with the military and is used to talking to people that way. I can't see it winning him friends, and maybe he wasn't paid very well [state of his boat] so that's why he's pissy, or maybe he's missing his meds. One day nice, next day not so...anyway, he did warn us that one of our other neighbours had an infestation of termites, so we should watch out for them. He actually smiled and said hello today, and joked that we shouldn't work so hard. [We were sitting under the boat having a break]. I'll stand down for a few days and see how we progress.

Yesterday was NOT a good day for problem solving. It took me 3 hours to do a month's worth of laundry and I had nothing but issues with the change machine and the washing machines that I picked to use. There must be 30 machines in the place and the 3 that I chose all gave me a hard time!  We went to Goodwill to find Quentin some shorts that he could paint in and not worry about them. We couldn't find any crappy ones, just really nice ones, so he will just have to be careful...for $1.50 do I care???

Last night we went to a Steak and Shake for dinner. We went to the beach in the afternoon. It is still hot here and by the time we got back we had to get ice and milk and bread, so we just changed and went out. We were going to go to Ihop but it was a long way away, and we decided to go to a Cracker Barrel instead...better food and more vegetables, but we saw a sign for Steak and Shake All meals under $4.00. How can you not???

It is basically a fast food place with attitude!  But the choices!!! I had a taco salad that was amazing! Rick and Quentin had burgers that were great according to them. The fries were iffy...shoe string like McD's, but the shakes were...anything you can imagine! Quentin had a Reese's peanut butter shake! Not the healthiest but mine was dark chocolate...that's good for you, right?! You can also get spaghetti, chili and chicken there. Good thing we didn't find it when Todd and Tasha were here, although it would have been cheaper than some of the places we went!!

On the way back to the boat, we passed our favourite ice-cream place and noticed that there was a carnival midway set up in the park next to it. Of course, in the dark it looked pretty spectacular, so we told Quentin we would go back there tonight and check it out.

But this afternoon we need to pick up the starboard and get the back deck repaired...I feel like I am living in the twilight zone or an alternate universe! I can see the universe I want to be in but I can't break through the barrier!!   Sigh!  OK, Sue, I know... the universe never sends you more than you can handle but, really, is there no end to the testing??   Acronym for boat ...Break Out Another Thousand




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll try again. We love the Cracker Barrel and always look for one when we are in the states. Sounds like your neighbour might just need a little TLC. How was the midway ? And you'll need to let us know if you got many trick or treaters on the boat. Happy Halloween. Hugs