Wednesday 28 October 2015

Wednesday Oct 28...getting a little crazy here

Wednesday Oct. 28

I probably shouldn't be writing this but I can't believe that it actually happened!
The boat behind us was being moved out to the water. The "boys" from Jersey came down to get it ready for "Ma" so she can spend the winter at the dock in warmth and comfort rather than the winter up north. These guys were hilarious although I'm sure they didn't mean to be! They spent the whole three days talking to "Ma" as if she were a mob mother. They were loud, and sounded almost like they were rehearing lines.  They bickered with each other and complained about doing the work. One of them offered us a grand to paint the boat. [We were painting our bottom at the time] They were pleasant enough and funny although the "F" word surfaced once in a while. [They reminded me of "The Goonies", but they reminded Rick of "Married to the Mob"

On the second day while they were resting with all their picnic stuff on the staircase of the monster boat beside them, the guy who owned the boat came roaring up in his super-truck, leapt out and said, "What the hell?  Get that shit the "F" off my stairs" [Rick helped him and the yard workers move this staircase into place a few days before.]

They all jumped up and apologized all over the place. He wandered around muttering, and one of the 'boys', Danny, tried to introduce the family and explain that they didn't mean any harm; they were just trying to stay cool.
Everybody wandered off and nothing more was said.

Yesterday, "Supertruck" came back and said to us, "Ok if I unplug you and plug into the line?"
Rick hesitated and was trying to process what he meant, and said, "Yeah, but I'm not sure my cords have enough power..."

The man said, "Well, then, how about I unplug you and take my cord since the grey one is my cord anyway, and you won't have ANY power?" 

He stomped off [as much as you can stomp through a gravel pit] and as he walked away, he said, "Are you staying on your boat?" I hollered "Yes" right away. [Rick has a hearing/speed-processing problem apparently]

He came back and said, "I'm running a low-voltage fridge - that's all."  He left.
We just looked at each other WTF?

Last night his mechanic from Massachusetts arrived and along with another person [a marina upholsterer] he met on the bus, he went onto this boat. The owner must have seen them arrive because he was right behind them, scrambled up the staircase and said, "You", to the upholsterer," get the "F" off my boat!" and to the mechanic, "You have no right bringing anyone on my boat. You're here to do job."

His truck sports a license plate that says POW - MIA ...too bad somebody found him!  Sorry, Dan, I probably shouldn't have said that but I have NEVER met anyone so arrogant, rude, and just pain ignorant...and he has kids!! Can't imagine how they'll turn out!!  

I sure hope the mechanic is making bazillion dollars 'cause I sure wouldn't work for him!  And the next time he says something to us, he's going to get an earful from me about his attitude.

SO... the dinghy motor prop is broken and not fixable. We can buy a new one but first we need to see if our 30 year old motor is worth fixing...that's Rick's job today, along with securing the bearings for the drive unit.

I painted the back deck and got the non-skid on it yesterday before it rained. Today we expect more rain so tomorrow we may go up to St. Augustine to find the rest of the parts we need so we can GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Oh yeah, and now that the boats behind and beside us are gone the trains sound like they are coming through the boat at 2 a.m.; 3 a.m.; 4 a.m.!!

OK, enough ranting ... back to work. Just spent the last 20 minutes trying to give Quentin an unbiased history of unions after WWI up to present. ;)




No comments: