Sunday 13 March 2016

Friday to Sunday sometime in March!


Friday March 11
Today Quentin and Yarika and Cookie Monster went paint-balling! Apparently they had fun!  We stayed on this side because we had stuff to do and I had a wrap-up meeting about the Regatta.  I had the stuff from the Scavenger Hunt so I had to go. It was nice... there was a ton of snacks for us and our first drink was free so Jillian and I had a pina colada.  I, um...think I volunteered to be co-Chairman next year...I must have because Jeannie announced it on the Net the next morning. And Dwayne from BoomDeYada came by to tell Rick he would be crew for the big boat race since I would be too busy with my chairman duties to go sailing. Probably should NOT drink pina colada.
Quentin was supposed to go to this meeting but...hmm paintball? Meeting with old people? Tough choice! Everyone at the meeting came up and told me what a great kid he is...and everyone gave different examples of what they liked about him. They all asked if he was coming back next year...
Saturday March 12
Today we took the boat south to clean the head... not a nice job but somebody has to do it. Quentin was still on Yarika and they were going to spend the day on shore. We thought we'd be back by noon but it took us almost two hours to get down against the wind.
Didn't take long to clean the toilet but then we went into an anchorage and had a salt bath. We were just enjoying the water when another cat pulled in so we had to get out and put our clothes on.
We sailed back twice as fast as we motored down. We went into Georgetown to get some stuff for the kids for dinner. I made Quentin, Claire and Aran burgers and fries and ice cream. They watched movies and we went over to C-Soul who came in at suppertime.
The kids went home at 11 pm.  Next week when Cookie Monster has some guests come in we said we'll give them some adult time and take the boys for an evening.
SUNDAY, March 13
Fourteen boats headed north this morning, on their way home to various continent destinations. They are taking their time to let the snow melt but still, it seems early. Part of me wants to be heading back but I think it's because I feel the need to change venue, so we are still talking about heading over to Rum Cay for a visit and to drop trees.
Today is Cordell's day at the beach.  Then I have to get some art stuff ready for the 75-80 pre-schoolers who will be at Regatta Park tomorrow. I agreed to set up an art station for them. I also have to go to see the schools Commonwealth Day exhibits.  I'm curious to see what they set up.  Then the rest of the week is back to school.
SO if anything exciting happens, I'll get back to you J ttyl



No comments: