Friday 11 March 2016

MAR 8-11 Time flies when you're having fun!!!

TUESDAY, March 8
The last few days have been very windy and blustery...not so much
The little kids were easy this morning, since they were doing a commonwealth day, we coloured pictures of Canadian animals, which was quite timely since they hadn't done that yet.  The Grade 9's never showed up because, according to the secretary, they were studying for exams. I waited for 25 minutes. So I went to the Grade 4 class to meet that teacher, and then went to meet Rick at Red Boone. Quentin showed up and told me I was missing the class, a bunch of them asked where I was.  Oh well...
We came back to the boat, and moved back over to the Island side. Quentin went to shore to hang out with new boat kids and do whatever they do...

WEDNESDAY, March 9
I don't remember... nothing special, I guess. We went over to Amazing Grace so I could give Cheryl Stephane's motor cover. I can't fix the sewing machine without completely dismantling it, so it would take forever to get the motor cover fixed. Cheryl is into heavy-duty sewing, so she can finish it for Stephane.   We were there for a coupe of hours. Quentin was left on board to get homework done.
We spent all day around the boat, doing small jobs.

THURSDAY, March 10
 We went over in the morning to Kidd Bay, because Quentin had 'volunteered ' to help at the Music Festival.  We also took Yarika  [Claire, Aaron, -kids; Steve and Melissa- mom and dad] and TJ and John  Cookie Monster kids over as they were volunteering as well.
I went to St. Andrews school in the afternoon and taught 5-6. They sketched portraits of each other...I think the lessons are paying off... they were remarkably good, most of them. One pair of boys that always give me grief, were paired up, just because I figured it was better to condense the chaos then spread it. Turns out they are twins and one of them is exceptional as an artist.  When I got to the Primary school to talk to the teachers, he was there.  Turns out, his Mom is the GT school principal!  And they all look alike. Don't know why I couldn't see that?!?
We came back over to the island because we were having dinner on Jasmine City with Amazing Grace and Nauticuss. Angelica made a traditional Columbian stew and Stephane caught and cleaned snails. Cheryl made a salad and I made strawberry cheesecake.  Great meal!! Quentin and Rick tried the snails but didn't like them.  The stew was great!! I can't remember the Spanish name. I am going to help Angelica with her English and she will teach me some Spanish.
SO, I will try to post some more pictures today. The winds are calmer, the boat not bouncing so much. Maybe the internet will work!
If you haven't checked out the video yet, have a look: www.cruisesailboat.com. We look great! ttyl






No comments: