Tuesday 14 October 2014

Monday - Tuesday Oct 13-14



Monday October 13

Today was nothing day in terms of excitement: nothing went wrong that we know of yet. We basically took it easy; read after breakfast until around 10:30 finishing our coffee. Rick installed and changed over some inspection hatch covers; secured the ladder and I made soup for supper. One of the local boaters came by to empty and move his boat. He was asking what we were doing and if we needed anything. Rick said yes, we left out bathroom key locked on the bathroom so he let us in to get it. I had an awesome shower. I don’t like getting wet when it’s too cold so I missed that last opportunity to shower, but today was warm so it felt good to have a really hot shower.

We went for an hour walk through town and found the Dollar Store open so we picked up stuff like WARM SOCKS! I was trying to talk him into going for a turkey dinner but the carrot & sweet potato soup was so good we had that instead.

We haven’t had a reply about the parts yet, so we will send another email tomorrow if there is nothing. We want a tracking number so we can watch for the DHL delivery guy.

Tuesday Oct.14

If I don’t mark the date I lose track of where I am in the saga. Today was so warm I dug out the shorts again. It was hot and sunny most of the day so I got the port side deck scrubbed and painted with primer. Now it looks like it’s supposed to be that colour!

Rick got some of the hardware attached for the rigging when it’s ready to go back up. He had to walk to the hardware stores to find what he needed. You’d think that with the 10,000 lbs of tools and hardware we brought with us...

We put inspection hatches over the rudder control pins and I greased the pins. There is a strong wind tonight and it’s rocking the boat hard. I’m either going to be sick or fall asleep. We went out for dinner because it was so late when we finished work. There’s this Italian place called Tomasso’s...omigod... chicken al forno: chicken stripped  and cooked, penne, mushrooms, broccoli, baked in alfredo with cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan. We have enough for two more meals! I had the gelato for desert, which I had never had before. I’m sure they poured a cup of chocolate syrup over the raspberry gelato. Rick had apple crisp -1/2 a corningware dish worth with a brick of ice-cream on it!

This place sits o the water and tonight there was entertainment...a coupleof sea-doos on the river with two guys on waterboards...the kind with hoses into the water and they were flying on water jets...that’s a terrible description but I don’t know how else to describe them...oh, yes I do...IRONMAN! They were like jetpacks only the water was forced out through their feet. They were diving and doing porpoise rolls. It was amazing. Don’t tell Quentin!

SO, we still haven’t heard from England but Rick isn’t worried yet. Last time the parts got to Canada at the same time as they let us know they had been sent. I keep checking the Visa. When that shows a hit, we’ll know they’re on their way! In the meantime, more little jobs are getting done.
Tomorrow is grocery day and inside work f it’s raining. It is still very warm down here and I would be exceedingly happy if it would last three days past the delivery of the parts: one day to install and two days to get across the Lake.
Meantime... going to bed, read and sleep!
Guy being Ironman

Cool but scary


No comments: