Thursday 23 October 2014

Wed. Oct 23



Wednesday Oct.23

Well, today was a waste of time. We tried to get the internet on the device and couldn’t so we went back to the Verizon store. The poor girl who got stuck with us spent 4 hours trying to solve the problem. In the end and literally 4 hours later, we discovered that a Canadian credit card can’t be used because you need to provide an address and Verizon won’t take a Canadian address. So we finally had to go and purchase a card but we had to get it from Wal-Mart. So, after eating the $45.00 from the Wal-Mart phone that didn’t work, I was a bit aggressive with the clerk, and she assured me that if the $60.00 card didn’t work, she would take  it back.

For those of you waiting for me to text...not going to happen. It’s a flip pone with a button pad...not a touch screen and I have no patience for that. SO send me your email address if you want personal messages because that’s about all I will be able to  manage. Unless I want to spend and entire day composing a text!

So we wasted the day stressing about getting it to work, and the phone wasn’t to be activated for 48 hours, but everything seemed to fall into place by tonight. We decided to wait here because it would take too long to cross Lake Oneida and we don’t want to do it in the dark.

So I talked to my cousin, Liz in Texas, talked to my sister and talked to Quentin while  Liz put out their supper.  He sang me the periodic table.  I guess he’s liking high school science.

So tomorrow we will be off and heading down the lake. Hopefully the weather will co-operate. And hopefully the new internet stick will co-operate and let me keep posting.
Stay warm!

No comments: