Saturday 11 April 2015

April 10-11



April 10

On our way back from town yesterday, we ran into Jim and Cheryl who told us they had taken Alyson back to town to catch the mail-boat to go on to Nassau. From there she flies to Antigua to find a boat. I was the one who told her about getting on the mail-boat to change islands and Stephan had given her some contacts to try. Everyone here going south doesn’t want extra crew and the rest of us are going north.


Big one! So soft!

An intense game

Making conch salad

Looking for attention!

Over at the beach, Ross and Rick and I went to check out the conch salad. We all had one. It’s basically salsa with raw conch, limes and oranges in it. Ross came by to help check on the batteries, [he used to work at Bruce Power] and stayed for dinner. We just had some pasta and sauce; didn’t need much after the salad.

Yesterday after my post, I sent in the first chapter of the WG submission – general information about the TCI’s Editor says it’s fine, keep it coming, so I will be doing it from here. I feel like I am back in university.  It wasn’t so hard then: I didn’t have distractions like beach volleyball, dominoes, snorkelling...

 Yes, I played volleyball today! And didn’t get hurt! Some other poor woman got hit it the nose with the ball [or the macho guy who was trying to get it for her] and had to sit out.

Today was a lazy day. I work for a long time on the next chapters, but it is slow going co-ordinating all the information I have gathered. Rick babysat the batteries all day and after lunch we went back to shore to meet up with Amazing Grace and Flamingo to play dominoes. That’s when volleyball took place, while we were waiting.  I didn’t get to play this time. I spent most of the time talking to Andrea from Dabulamanzi from Orillia. They are going back home to jobs and a regular life for a while.

April 11
Volleyball yesterday: today I am paying for it. I will have to do it again today so those muscles start to remember how they are supposed to work.

Our batteries are almost up to normal... a couple more days on the generator and we can take off. We also are going to hook up the drag generator and pick up two more solar panels from Stephan.

So, gotta go. Need to get more work done on the WG essay.  FINALLY managed to hook up with Cordell on Facebook, so you will see his comments as well!

And C-Soul is coming!!! They got their paperwork sorted and they can come over here!!! YAY!!!!
We met KIM, the HBG [Home Baked Goods lady]. She is planning to go to Ontario to go to college for tourism and culinary training. She is bringing her husband and kids with her so we told her about Owen Sound and Georgian college. She wants a small town where she can feel safe, and her kids are 9 & 10...Liz!!

Anyway, the internet here is iffy again today so I want to post this.
Take care!

No comments: