Monday 20 April 2015

April 20



April 20
 I sometimes have slight panic attacks that our ‘vacation’ will soon be over and we’ll have to head back.  I don’t know why. Maybe because I’ve gotten more involved than I should have?
Yesterday Rick finished installing the solar panels around 5:30. We only had a couple of hours of daylight so we don’t know how well they will top us up, but if they kept the two fridges and the freezer and all the lights and water-maker operating on Jasmine City,  I think we should be fine! We still can run the motor.
I went over to the beach to listen to Cordell give a talk again about the history of the area. His cousin, Bob sat down beside me and we started talking about stuff. He’s interested in windmills and we talked about all kinds of things, mostly how to get younger people involved in the community.
Tonight is the “Rake and Scrape” It refers to the playing of music on a saw blade. You either rake a metal stick over the teeth or scrape it down the flat side of the blade and depending on how you bend the saw, it makes different musical sounds.  So they called for a volunteer this morning to organize the water-taxi, and I waited to see if anyone else would, but no-one did, so I volunteered again. It’s not rocket science but…
Ross wanted us to go fishing with him today but I need to stay by the radio and then go to town because I said I would take some more stuff to the Straw Ladies.
This morning before the ‘Net, as I was sitting on the front deck waiting for my coffee, something spit at me. When I turned around there was a dolphin swimming at the front of the boat, looking at me with one eye. When I spoke it flipped and turned away. So cool! And no camera at hand!
The solar panels are working !!!
We haven’t taken more pics in a while, so we will try to take some today. Ttyl.  Is it anyone’s birthday today? If so, Happy Birthday!


No comments: