Thursday 28 May 2015

Thursday cont'd



Thursday cont’d
We went ashore for the bread this morning after Rick got the fuel.  Nipper’s has its own dock (because it also attached to the Liquor Store, which they own and another Boutique which they own. We tied up at their dinghy dock and went inside and there was Bill…working on the stock. He said that Jenesse and Johnny had to go to Marsh Harbour and we wouldn’t see them, and I assumed Annette was working with Brody, as he is home schooled. SO we said our goodbyes and hope that we will see them next year or in the fall if we are in Ontario when they come for a visit. [Hint, Dave and Mildred!] Oh, and I heard some interesting stories about piercing ears with a paperclip and losing Becky …on a dock?

We got off the mooring ball sail sailed up to the Don’t Go Rocks. Now that has to tell you something about the channel, right? It was a 1.5 mile strip of shallow water  4-5 feet deep, between sandbars and rocks. So with Rick standing on the bow and me glued to the GPS to make sure I stayed on the track, we fought the ocean surge coming through the gap pushing us to port and the wind off our stern pushing us ahead!  It took us 2o minutes to do the 1.5 miles, and I didn’t hit anything! Piece o’ cake!
We are anchored in Palm Tree Bay on Manjack Island, which the chart said was uninhabited [12 years ago] . We are anchored beside a trawler with kids on it. There’s nothing in this bay but a few conch [good… no more shells on the back deck for now] and it is COLD!  The water is 27 degrees, but the wind is not warm. The high today was only 82. I may have to dig out a blanket soon!
SO this bay actually has internet access. Well, Green Turtle Cay is back a couple of miles so I am accessing the BaTelCo tower there.  It wouldn’t let me send a reply email to the scam email from 2015 Canada Revenue Agency! [It told me I had until today to “claim my deposit”. If it’s my money, why is there a deadline? I forwarded to my RCMP friend. He can pass it on to whomever.] SO I doubt that I can post pictures from here, but as Liz likes to point out…why am I torturing everyone with new pictures of paradise when the old ones will do?
Anyway, I’ll post this and hope when we get to West End, Grand Bahama, I can post again. That might be in a day or three, so don’t sweat it. We are still only in 12 feet of water! ttyl

No comments: