Friday 27 November 2015

Black Friday and its raining again!

Black Friday, Nov 27 and getting Blacker by the day...

Glad our American friends all had a good Thanksgiving! We were fine. I guess I misconstrued the event, because it was mostly a non-event. We were hoping to meet up with all the Canadian boaters here, of which there are many! But most people didn't bother showing up. I guess they are all keeping their heads down and getting ready to leave.  It appears that the weather window will be Monday or Tuesday.   I just hope the part for the motor comes in time, and Homeland Security is not pissed off that we are still here.

So Toys R Us was a little busier at 7 am but the line-up to exit hadn't formed yet and we were able to get out easily. Quentin wanted to stop at Wal-Mart to experience a better rush. We said no, and went for breakfast instead.  We stopped at Harbour Freight for Rick to get a shopping fix in, and came back to the boat with very small tools and two new tool bags to put them in so they stop falling off the shelves and out of the stupid plastic boxes he tries to keep them in.  Oh, by the way, thanks, Mark...he really didn't need to know about that store!

Rob had Quentin go back up the mast to tape the boots on his spreaders. Later we will go and find the peacocks so we can take pictures of them. But for now here is the Christmas tree. It looks better lit up but the camera doesn't do dark pics very well.

About 3 years ago when I was still with cadets, the girls were gushing about The Hunger Games and having seen it at the movies. It was rated PG-13 and I wasn't impressed that people would let their 10-11-12 year olds see it. I know how old these kids were because we had age restrictions at cadets...

However, I read the books and was bitten. I like Donald Sutherland even as a villain and knew he was in it.  So we picked up the first 2 movies because they have been advertising the last of the series and I didn't realize it wasn't over. We liked the movies so today, at Toys R Us, the 3rd movie was there for $19.99. It was the only copy and we couldn't find it in Wally world so I picked it up. By the time I got to the check-out, it was down to $10.00!!! Bonus!!!

I think we'll watch it tonight and the go to the show tomorrow or Sunday...our last hurrah on land. There are no theatres in Georgetown that I have found.
But for now, back to work...ttyl

 
Thanksgiving dinner

this is how they hide the transformer boxes. Cool, eh?
|

Christmas tree in harbour

Quentin and me at the Tree...palms optional..NOT

Taping the spreader boots. Think he likes it up there!?

No comments: