Tuesday 17 November 2015

Tuesday Nov 17...Wow, sorry about the gap!!

Tuesday Nov 17
For some reason this date seems significant to me; however I cannot find it. So, if it's someone's birthday I have forgotten, please accept my apology. The brain is turning to mush and I don't know how to stop it. Maybe it's this machine...we rely on them so much we let them take over our thinking too much, although Rick is just as bad and he doesn't even use it...so much for that theory. And I refuse to accept the "getting old" excuse.
We sat down this morning and said, "Oh, we should look that up before we leave."  Great, but what ???Neither of us could remember this afternoon what the great idea was this morning.  Scary.
So drive is done and we are ready to launch, except that the dinghy motor is not ready and we can't leave without it. We could go into the water and anchor out in the ICW [remember that? Inter Coastal Waterway?  Been so long I had to think about it too!]  But we still need to be able to get to shore so we need the dinghy motor!
There is really nothing going on here until we get wet.  The weather sucks... it goes from cloudy and rainy to stinking hot and steamy. The winds are on shore and gusty. It's hard to tell what the weather is really like out there. AHA !! I remembered!!!! I'm supposed to look up passage weather for the next 7 days !!!
We watch the news every morning and its different here. We are seeing the world through American eyes, and I am becoming increasingly aware that we are foreigners. There is no sense of danger but as the threat to this country increases, I become more aware of the fact that we are "non-belongers".  It's also very hard to separate from world events and ignore what is happening.
Well, it's time to go find Quentin. He is parked in the Canadian history section of the library...I think. At least that's where he SAID he was going. I need to get water and something for supper. Joseph is on his way over to talk to the Marina mechanic [owner]...needs motor help.  I hope it's nothing serious!!
Will be back when something positive occurs! Oh, but they stuck another boat into the gap so we have a baffle against the trains again...not very effective but the noise will bounce a little. Speaking of bounce, I need to do laundry too! ttyl


No comments: