Sunday 8 November 2015

More waiting ... more heat ugh!

November 6, Friday

So we are waiting for ANOTHER part...the one we got to cover the shaft where it was scored is too small so we need an extra one. In the meantime we are painting the boat decks white. OMG what a difference! It drops the temperature by about 10 degrees in the boat...covering up the primer finally and getting a reflective white paint to deflect the sun.

I know that you guys are getting colder up here and I am finally going to admit this heat is really getting to me. It is abnormally hot here... everyone is complaining about it!  We are starting to work at 6 am just so we can do it without passing out !

Yesterday was a surprise!  Joe and Yvonne stopped by to see us n their way to their boat in Okeechobee. It was nice to see familiar faces!  And just as they were leaving Gail and Mark called us to say they were starting out for their boat! Quentin will be losing his friend tomorrow or Sunday...Daniel and his family are heading over to the Abacos and Hopetown, so he won't see them until we get over there and only if they head down to Georgetown. So he has the day off today from school so he can spend the time with Dan. He's helping them get the boat ready... good practise for when it's our turn.

Yvonne gave me some good shopping tips for Ft. Pierce...places that I hadn't discovered yet.

Today is going to be clean up the inside and re-pack the sail locker and the workshop.  Our goal is to get everything done so the last thing we need to do before we launch is assemble the prop shaft.


Not much news today. I'm sitting in Wendy's parking lot using their internet...not too stable right now, so I'm going back to the boat. I've checked email and sent some messages. So ttyl...stay warm J


1 comment:

Unknown said...

We've been having some pretty good weather here too, thank goodness. I can't believe your luck with parts. Did you ever know someone who had this luck when you had the store? I hope your parts come soon. I'm sure you'd like to be in the Bahamas soon. Have you checked in with homeland security lately. I know you said you didn't have to, but they probably figured you'd be gone by now. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Good luck. Have a good week. Miss you. Love Barb