Tuesday 10 November 2015

Planes, Trains and Automobiles...but mostly Trains Nov 10

Tuesday Nov 10 ...Planes, trains and automobiles...well mostly TRAINS

Seems to me that this time last year I was nowhere near the Bahamas either. I am about 4 states closer than last year but it doesn't feel like it!

Rick's glasses came yesterday and he won't wear them while he's working on the boat so they should last FOREVER! The part still hasn't arrived...of course we didn't expect it until tomorrow anyway. And we aren't ready for it although we are closer. Today Quentin and I cleaned up under the boat while we were waiting for Rick to come back with the propane and specialized motor paint. [It's funny but every time I type the word "paint" I leave off the the "t" ...Freudian slip??]

We went to the beach yesterday and enjoyed the surf for about an hour. We can't stay there very long because it gets dark earlier down here...like 6 pm, so we need to be out of the water at feeding time and get back to the boat before we can't find it!

Right now Rick is finishing the traveller track...putting the hardware back so we can hook up the boom. I have finished the white pain although you can't tell because our feet are so dirty from the dust in here that there are grey tracks all over it. I will be able to wash it when we get out to sea.

We have had a few planes flying very low over the boatyard, but I'm not worried... there are too many Canadians here for them to find us easily...just kidding... we can prove that we have taken so long to get out because we were waiting for parts.  If the boat won't go...

There are a growing number of Ontario plates down here. In fact, Sunday when we went to the beach there were about 50 cars parked along the road and over half of them were from Canada...a couple from Alberta, and several from Ontario but mostly Quebec!

 It was the 30th Anniversary of the Navy Seal Museum this weekend and we should have gone but we forgot about it until we went to the beach Sunday. I say we should have gone...I should have gone...Tatum O'Neil was the guest speaker ['Magic Mike']. But really, I'm old enough to be his grandmother!! Right?

Well, I've not got much to tell you because we haven't got that much accomplished...I now know what hell is...living and working in a boatyard! Especially with the TRAINS right behind us. I was taking to a Floridian who lives just across the tracks in the Village of St. Lucie. He says he's used to it but he admits that the engineers take great delight in blowing the horns as loud and as long as they can.
 Today the internet is really slow so I'm not sure I will get to post pictures with this. Tomorrow we are going to find a Remembrance Day service so we can attend. I think Quentin will find the contrast interesting.
ttyl

 
Painting the traveler deck with non-skid


Quentin found live sponges


Salt Shaker and Pace
All the boys...Daniel and Pace, Quentin, Sam and Amariah [boy]

2 comments:

landlocked said...

Last year at this time we had not met, had we? We had not gotten to the Visitir Center, wow! It has only been a year? ⛵️ We are leaving tomorrow for sure!! See you soon!

Unknown said...

Some really neat pictures there. What an amazing opportunity for Quentin to experience that sea life. I think its awesome. Today was rainy and cool here all day, so enjoy your heat and sun. Hope the part arrives tomorrow and you can 'git er done'. love to all, B