Thursday 14 January 2016

Awww, they're gone Jan 14

January 14,
This morning we went over early and helped Sue and Les pack up the apartment then we went for breakfast to Peace and Plenty. It was hard to talk casually knowing they were leaving. It was great week and we had a good time. I hope they hadas much fun as we did.  They are probably sleeping in the Toronto airport right now waiting for their Thunder Bay flight.
When we came out the storm was ramping up and there were enormous black clouds over the whole northern sky and bearing down on us.
Nancy, the owner of Regatta Point came over to bring me a book I had asked to borrow. The room Sue and Les had has a bookshelf filled with old novels by great authors!
After they left we went back to the boat to run the motor some so we could charge the batteries. Rick was hoping to get bananas today so we stayed over in Kid Bay until 3 pm I wanted to go to talk to the principal at the school about the art classes and he wanted jam, bread and bananas.
I start Monday and am doing the whole school, one class at a time.  So now I have to do some lesson planning for ages 5 and up... my own fault for not keeping my mouth shut...
It going to be stormy here for  a few days, so Quentin should have an exciting flight in...nothing that will cancel flights, though.
Storm was looking a lot worse

Dark sky and cold winds

Thoguht this was a banana spider but Nancy says he's harmless. She :
"cultivates"  them


The Regatta Point fisherman





No comments: