Monday 25 January 2016

Jan 24

Jan. 24
Happy Birthday Gail!  Last year we were together at this time walking long a cold  South Carolina Beach!  This year that beach is covered in snow and I'm glad I'm not there. It was 18 C [71F]on the beach today with a wind chill factor!! I know, I know, quit whining, but we don't have any long sleeved shirts or fleeces, and we've been in 30 C long enough to find 18 really cold!! The water is warmer than that !
On the other hand, a lovely local woman walked passed me on the beach and when she asked how I was, i answered "cold!"She stopped, swept her arms as if brushing the sand and said, "It's not snow!" Got me!
We moved over to the island today and met KB who was busy so we will have to talk to him another time.
So Quentin got to play volleyball today with a bunch of resort visitors. There was football on at the resort with several large screen TV's so the beach was empty, as well as cold.
I sat on the beach with Elaine and Gillian. Elaine is from Nova Scotia on the boat called Aft Aglay.  She looks and sounds like Aunt Ev, only really quiet. Gillian is from Australia but has been here for 30 years.
When I introduced myself Gillian said, "OMG, I have a message for you! Someone has been trying to find you. They need some art work done for the Family Island Regatta."  I gave her our boat card with the phone number so I may end up with another job soon. I can get the kids involved with it!

It began to rain so we went back to the boat. It was already super time anyway, so we ate dinner and played dominoes til 9 pm ...that's boaters' midnight.
Looking at boat lights from the stone bridge

Playing checkers

Feeding the Rays at Chat 'n Chill


Volleyball

Did she think the old man was watching her? He probably was but Quentin was there too! LOL

Another round of storm clouds passing through

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, some awesome pictures once again. I was going to ask you about Gail and Mark (?). I thought you were supposed to be spending the winter together in the Bahamas. Anyway, Love the pics and wanted to take a moment and wish you Happy Birthday tomorrow. Hope you have a great birthday sis. Love to all.
B