Wednesday 27 January 2016

January 27 Busy day!

Jan 27
Today was a busy day. We were debating whether or not to take the boat over to town, when Stephane called and asked if we wanted a ride. He was taking Jasmine City over. So we were 'picked up'!  He brought Jasmine City past us, we hoped in our dinghy and ran over to his boat while he held his position...kind of like changing cars at a stoplight LOL. I really like that boat!! But it's a bit scary because it seems so much bigger than ours!  Ok, it IS bigger than ours by about 10 feet wide and 10 feet long and height!
We went into town and I assembled an art kit for school that the kids can use but I keep with me going from class to class...coloured pencils, erasures etc. I will add some of my paints and drawing pencils to it as well. Tomorrow is my class of 22 Grade 5 /6's ...scary!!
We all had lunch at Red Boone while Stephane was waiting for his stuff to upload /download...whatever...then he "dropped us off" at our boat.
We took the dinghy to Sand Dollar to go snorkelling on the same coral heads that we took Sue & Les to. We walked over to the ocean side after we finished swimming. Rick decided Q and I should finish walking the beach to the other end and he would go get the dinghy and meet us. We got part way down the beach and this woman caught up to us ...she was lost. She thought she was still on the Sand Dollar Beach side but couldn't find her boat or her husband. I could have sent her back the way she came but it was a long way so she came with us and Rick met us on the beach behind Chat n Chill. He took her back n the dinghy and Q and I walked over to the bar. We could hear the dinghy and then we couldn't.  He ran out of gas just before he passed the point!!
We could see him paddling back to the big boat. Quentin swam out to the cat and climbed on board and helped them get back to the boat. Rick put gas in the dinghy and called some boats at Sand Dollar to let her husband know she was okay.  I stayed on the beach. I could have swum out to the boat as well. So Rick started over to Sand Dollar with gas. He managed to get her soaking wet because the water was rough going that way in our stupid little dinghy! She probably wishes she'd been left on the beach!!
Quentin brought the kayak to shore to pick me up. He couldn't find the paddles. Apparently e lost them because no-one put them away the last time the boat was used. So he brought his fins and I sat in the kayak and he pushed me back. So he's had a good workout today; we both walked about three miles and we are all tired. Early to bed tonight!
Never tire of finding star fish

...or petting rays

New buddy, Sonny has a mean serve!

I want one! We sat while boat sailed us over to town

Red Boone cafe.  Sue loved their wraps! I eat salad...ok, and fries


1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is never a dull moment with you guys. Sounds like you had a great day. Awesome pictures, as usual. Love ya. B