Sunday 3 January 2016

Jan 1-3

January 1, 2016

That's going to take some getting used to...2016.

 We didn't make it to the fireworks... lost it around 11:45 and don't even remember if we saw the last part of the Blacklist episode we were watching. I was hoping that the lights and noise would wake me up...nada!

So... New Year's resolutions...have not been too successful at thee for most of my life, so I'm wondering why I should bother now. On the other hand, I do have a few goals to accomplish before the end of the year. However, will stating them formally jinx me or put too much pressure on me? Hmmm...I'll think about that for awhile before committing...maybe a couple of months...how about you?

Sherick and Saltshaker left today, heading south to Long Island and then The Dominican Republic. Sherick is heading for Grenada and beyond. We hope to see Saltshaker again when they head back to the States if they come through the Bahamas. They may be able to do Cuba by that time, if the US business world can see a lucrative inroad there.

So we lazed around, swam, went to Monument Beach to check it out, talked to some people but didn't see anyone from last year, went back to the boat , read, lazed around,  swam...I need Quentin here so I make him work on his school and feel like I accomplished something...warped logic, I know, but works for me!

January 2

Today Rick checked all of the systems again, and moved down to Sand Dollar Beach, to see where we can find coral heads close to the beach for when Sue and Les get here. There are several here that are is less than 5 feet of water ...really easy to see and lots of fish!!

There was a "Beach party" around 5:30 last night where everyone met on the beach. We met Nomad again, who wants to teach us how to fish with a hand line, and Falcon's Nest [Canada] but there was no wind and the mosquitoes were so bad that every only lasted until 6:30.  We'll try again when there's some wind!

The boats down here in Sand Dollar are mostly Canadian.

January 3

Today we are moving down to Chat n' Chill because there is a seminar at noon for the boaters about electrical systems. You can never know too much about electricity and how the magic works!

There is a storm system moving through starting tonight and lasting until Tuesday or Wednesday so we will find a good spot and sit tight. We are good as long as we have lots of room around us.

Five boats came in yesterday. Agape from Barrie was one of them. We will go find out if he was a customer.


Later...unless you can't stand this boring stuff.

No comments: