Tuesday 26 January 2016

Jan 25-26

Jan 25

Today we spent the morning going separate ways after Quentin did his 1 ½ hours of English.  Rick got a call from one boater to help him splice a line to chain; Quentin took the kayak and went exploring along the shore of Stocking Island and I made some lesson plans for the classes.

Yesterday I met a woman on the beach who was painting. I talked to her for awhile and found out that she owned an art gallery BlueBahama Art Gallery. She used to live in Georgetown but only came for visits now and then; didn't live on a boat, and used to teach art at one of the high schools. Rats! I was hoping for an assistant. The other woman who asked if she could come too chickened out!

After lunch we went over to the beach and Quentin and I tossed a volleyball around. I sprained a finger so that ended that but a bunch of guys were all waiting for Someone to start the game. So Quentin played for two hours. Rick and I went over the hill to the outside shore and walked the beach. Quentin arrived at the dinghy as we got back so we went back over to show him the surf.

On the way back we stopped by Stephane's to see how he was doing with his new website and we ended up staying for dinner. I'd love to keep him!!!  We were there 'til 10:30! Way past midnight!

Tomorrow is the first day of school and Quentin is as excited as I am! SO we'll see what happens!


Jan 26

So today was the first day of the new school with the 7 grade 9 students. One was actually missing, and three of them weren't that interested but the other three were. They are all interested in doing graffiti so this will be a challenge. I have to get them to do it on paper and not on buildings!
Quentin met the math teacher, Mr Ambleton, and sat through a grade11 Math class. He'll go back and be there on the days that I am working there. The schedule is really screwy so I'm not sure if I can work it out
I called the guy who was interested in getting me to do the art work for the regatta but they got someone else...glad of that... it was going to be a billboard!
We did some grocery shopping and moved the boat back over to the island around supper time. It's calmer over here than in the town and tomorrow we can go to the beach and play on our day off!
I don't know I the skies up there are the same as down here but we can see all 5 of the planets visible to the naked eye lined up with the moon at around am, can you?
Beguiler gave me a bag of Tim Horton's coffee and some chocolate kisses today for my birthday! Mmmmm!
We took some movies over to Stephane tonight...he needs a break from working on his new website. It's going to be amazing... there is so much information for sailors in ONE PLACE! It will have everything from how to buy a boat. Everything you ever need to know to sail it and how to hiring a captain including videos for instructions on reading grib files to fixing electronics. Can't wait to promote it when it's ready!
OK, so, long day. Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone! It was really nice to have them all! As Joseph always says, "Well, I'm off... but not by much" G'nite



No comments: