Friday 21 November 2014

Chilly Friday Nov 21



Friday Nov 21

Today was a short day, we left the anchorage and went about 7 miles to Belhaven, where we met up with C-Soul. They were spending an extra day here to get some chores done and we needed to make some repairs to the drive [it’s leaking oil]. Mark suggested some product that should work until we get to a place where we can remove the drive and re-gasket all the sections.

We wandered through town and checked out the hardware stores. I resisted the temptation to buy a winter coat and boots , but I gotta say, if it doesn’t warm up soon, the next town I hit where there’s a Wal-Mart... oops, sorry, said I wasn’t going to complain.

We went out for dinner with Mark and Gail. They are great fun!  I had a pizza!!! Gluten free and an enormous salad so most of the pizza came home with me: breakfast and lunch!

We hope to get about 35 miles tomorrow so if the winds are right we can sail it.

We had a visit from one of the town ambassadors, wanting to know if she could get us anything, take us anywhere... We were busy working on the drive and we didn’t need anything but she did take my postcards [already stamped] for the kids and mail them [I hope!] She even went to the restaurant to see if for sure they had gluten free and came back to let me know!

Apparently yesterday a few people came by to see if they could do anything for the boaters. The people in these small towns are very friendly and more than willing to help out boaters.

So it’s 8:30 and my bedtime, so ttyl
Stay warm and dry up there!

At the dock in Behaven

Back to back with C-Soul

These guys were going the wrong way!!!

No comments: