Monday 15 December 2014

Dec 15 MONDAY



Monday Dec 15

Today I finished fixing the screens and tried to sew up the cockpit cushions but the tension in my machine is wrong so the tension in me grew until it was time to stop!!

We went to a sail shop today to look at Sunbrella because it was on sale and it was fabulous but nothing I could use right now. The awesome part was that it was about 2 miles from the boat so I rode a bike. Not only did I NOT fall into the traffic,[because I couldn’t... it was Mark’s bike. The Marina bike was so big I couldn’t get over the crossbar!]
AND I could still walk when we got back. I haven’t ridden a bike since I worked at the Registry office in Thunder Bay and rode to work downtown from the Telephone building where Rick parked the truck.

When we got back we finished cleaning out the workshop and putting all the stuff back. We didn’t actually get rid of anything but it fits better into the shop now.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day so I’m not sure what we will do.
We are staying here until Thursday morning. They have given us a deal – 7 nights for 5. We are getting some small jobs done , like tomorrow we are going to try to install the screen over the main hatch. There are no-see-ums out right now and we don’t want a boatful, but we need to open the hatches to dry it out.

We haven’t had a chance to do any sightseeing yet but we are hoping to tour a plantation before we leave here. Or we could look for one in Georgia. We are hoping to be in Brunswick Georgia by Christmas bit we we’ll be wherever we can get to.

No pics today

No comments: