Sunday 14 December 2014

Sunday afternoon dec 14



Sunday Afternoon

We had a great breakfast at the Huddle House”. The guys all had the MVP eggs, bacon, waffles, hash browns, grits and toast. Gail and I had sirloin tips with scrambled eggs and cheese over it, but I couldn’t eat my toast so Joseph ate it. I ate Rick’s grits with maple syrup. They were delicious...Gail was horrified! She ate Joseph’s grits with just butter. Yuck! We were so full we could hardly walk back to the dock. I hope Joseph didn’t fall asleep driving!

Today I got "Todd’s room" cleaned up, and took 8 empty notebooks up to the book exchange room. I still have about 12 left but in all fairness, Rick kept bringing them back from dealer meetings! I think we have a notebook fetish!!

Rick cleaned out the sail locker and Mark helped him replace the chock that blew up in Ossining (remember the storm before we got to New York where we had so much trouble?) Mark was the only one with long enough arms to get into that small space and hold the nut.

I am going to take my sewing machine up to the workroom and fix two of the screens so that job will be done. Tomorrow I will clean the remaining winches and after he cleans out the workshop, we will try to fix the latch that lifts the drive. It’s not a major problem but when we sail we need to be able to get the drive out of the water so there is no stress on the propeller.

The pictures last night of Christmas lights were the ones up our forestay and back stay! It’s cool to have Christmas lights finally on the boat!

So I better go and get my screens done or it will put me behind. We are staying here for a week, because its’ very comfortable, not cold, the people and facility are great and we are not in a hurry! Some of the pics are the same as this morning with the tide in.

 Oh, I forgot to tell you this is a very dog- friendly marina and all the dogs are very well behaved, until the dolphins come into the marina... the dogs bark at them and they tease the dogs by swimming around the docks. Its hilarious!

Have a good night... remember only10 more days...
 
Our Christmas wreath

Dolphin watch


After breakfast
TIde's in

???

No comments: