Saturday 20 December 2014

Friday Saturday Dec 19/20



Friday Dec 19

It seems to be taking a long time to get to Georgia... and it will be taking even longer. We are going to stay until after Christmas. Actually we have paid for a month on the doc because it’s cheaper than by the day or week.  THIS is how they suck you into staying here.  When I told the marina manager we were staying, he said they are going to start playing “Hotel California” over the PA system.

So we signed up for the potluck. The Marina is providing the turkey and the ham. The “residents” will cook the vegetables and desserts. I am making sweet potato casserole and exotic fruit cheesecake.

We are the only Canucks here. But no-one else seems to mind. We are slowly converting them.

Yesterday not much was accomplished. Rick started to work on the freezer but wanted to get rid of the starboard he had saved for the seats, so spent hours looking for clips to attach the. We walked to the Marine store and the hardware store...no luck, but we went as far as the grocery store and got some supplies so it wasn’t a dead loss. A half-mile (or km) isn’t so far after you’ve done it a few times.                                

When we got back I emptied the pantry and then we didn’t have room to cook dinner, so guess what? [everybody says that here!! Guess what?]     It was $10.00 steak night at the “Fillin’ Station”   [check out the pic!] we are going to have the rest of it tonight !  

If anyone had told me a couple of months ago that I would enjoy sitting in a rustic southern country bar watching people play pool, and listening to country music, AND drinking beer, I can’t repeat what I would have said but...   I sort of wish I’d brought my cowboy boots but I still think they look stupid with shorts!

Saturday. Dec.20

Hey 4 more days... get moving!

So I talked with the grandkids this morning and didn’t cry. Not sure what that means. I will call again on Xmas day. It’s raining here today but it’s still warm enough for t-shirt and shorts. Rick is whining about being cold, but it’s because he doesn’t want to do anything...we got 3 more weeks, right?   I am going to do laundry then start on the winches. I will do some inside painting today, and when it dries up and gets sunny as predicted, I can do more stuff outside.   If we get far enough on today maybe we can go to the show tonight.   
     Charlie's very polite and barks for permission to come aboard. It's too hard for him to get on board us so he visits everyone else. The dolphins drive him nuts!
Stella

charlie lies to visit Nancy but he belongs to Mike and June who are opening the Marina in Killarney

Dinner!!!
              

No comments: