Tuesday 16 December 2014

Tueday Dec 16

Tuesday Dec 16

OK so we’re still not any closer to Florida, but we are leaving Thursday morning.

Today we went for breakfast with C-Soul, and then Rick went to the hardware store for insulation. Our front hatches are now fixed and probably don\t leak anymore. We won’t know for sure until we either have a rainstorm or bury the bow in waves when we go back out into deep water. I tried to finish a cushion but I didn’t bring the rest of the piping material and the machine still wouldn’t work properly. I’m afraid I may have to bury the machine or at least trade it in. I would hate to do that. My grandmother taught me to sew on that machine.

There was some rain today... about 15 minutes. The result was a spectacular rainbow.  I could practically see the pot of gold. Of course, the camera was too far away to get a good picture in time.

Tomorrow we are going to attempt to get into Beaufort to do a carriage tour of the City.

We don’t seem to have gotten a lot of work done in the past 7 days but there are so many interesting people here to talk to.

Tonight we bit the bullet and tried the seafood restaurant. Rick chickened out and had flounder but they put Cajun spices on it without telling him so he didn’t like it much, and the vegetable was broccoli...his “favourite”.  I tried steamed oysters and clams, with coconut fried shrimp and baked potato.  I have to say the best part of the clams and oysters was the herbed butter! The clams were sandy and the oysters were slimy and even the waitress said she eats the oysters with ketchup or seafood sauce because they have no taste. So while it looked good, it’s not something we will look forward to again. The shrimp was awesome. I will try that myself.

We definitely have to leave on Thursday morning. We are trying to get to Brunswick, Georgia for Christmas. [Liz or Geoff, tell the kids that’s Jekyll Island where Test lives]. That’s about 120 miles, but we have enough time if we can do 30 miles a day... no problem!

Rainbow one minute...

The workshops in the marina

No fall colours here!

Dinner!

and sunshine the next ... love it!

No comments: