Wednesday 14 January 2015

January 13-14



January 13-14

OK we are LEAVING on Saturday. The weather is good, we told TJ , the dock-master, and barring a hurricane, we are heading for Georgia.
Rick hasn’t been able to finish hooking up the water heater because no-on around here has propane hose, but we will find it somewhere in Florida.

I have been sewing up the bits of old sail cover into tool pouches for Rick and I am FINISHED the cockpit cushions finally. Today I am going to make a carry bag for the keyboard so I can get rid of the huge box it’s been in since I bought it 6 years ago. It’s not like I’m going to return it!!! Maybe if it’s more accessible I will try to play it! Adam the sail maker is going to put the zippers in the front windshield for me. I tried one and screwed it up, so I’d rather pay him to do it right. I also have to paint the little cupboard so I can varnish the trim he put around it.

It has been rainy/misty/ foggy for the last couple of days. This is what winter is down here. Not bad : 50-60 F [12-14C] As long as there is sun once in awhile I could live with that...but we’re NOT staying! I’m still looking for warm and salty and crystal clear.

Rick will finish the helm station today and then we can clean up the cockpit. If there’s time he can hang the chandelier for the salon!  Yes, we [he] bought a tiny crystal light for over the table! It’s so tacky, it’s cute!

It would be nice to have a day or two to sight-see again before we leave.  I still haven’t been downtown to the art galleries and I want to see them. There are at least 8 of them on the main street. And we want to take the dinghy for a ride up the Creek before we leave as well.

So with all these jobs ahead of me, it’s time to work. ttyl

No comments: